Semi Abstract Floral Painting Workshop
Learn how to let loose and create beautiful semi abstract floral paintings that will add a pop of color to your home.
This fun two day workshop with Tracy Saywell will show you how to look at flowers and create a more impressionistic deconstructed abstract style painting using acrylics or oils with other mixed media such as pastels.
If you would like to learn how to create a more abstracted style or even just how to loosen up your painting, this workshop will show you how to start painting in a looser more abstract way! You will create your own unique artwork, drawing from floral arrangements in class and creating a loose style of your own – whether it be just a little looser or a completely wild abstract.
Unlock Your Creativity! It doesn’t matter where you are on your creative journey – whether you’re a seasoned artist or a beginner, this workshop will help you to create a beautiful loose style floral artwork, showing you a variety of techniques and tricks to make your artworks pop.
This Fun Floral Painting Workshop Will Cover:
- How to loosen up to create free flowing expressive abstract artworks
- Find your inner style and make the artwork uniquely yours
- Work from still life and photos to create wonderful compositions
- Explore mark making techniques for interesting effects
- Tips for mixing colours and selecting good colour palettes
- Discover how to create movement with expressive strokes
- Learn different mixed media techniques and about different art mediums
What You’ll Get:
- Use of All Art Supplies Provided! Acrylics, Pastels, Oils, Paint brushes, Aprons etc.
- Instructional notes provided.
What To Bring:
- A Deep Edged Canvas 91.4cm x 60.9cm or 76.2cm square canvas (30″ x 30″) – available for purchase at the class (or become an Articci Art Club member and get a 20% discount)
- Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and footwear suitable for painting in!