Class Terms and Conditions
Last updated: January 31, 2020
- “Institute”, “Articci”, “we” or “our” means Saywell Designs Pty Ltd (ABN: 43159877424).
- “Customer”, “Student”, “You” or “Your” means the person who is listed to participate in the services of Articci on the Booking.
- The “Course” or “Classes” shall mean the service offered by the Institute as selected on the Booking form.
- “Booking” means the Student’s registration into the Course securing a Position in the Course on the specified start date for the Student to attend via completing a form – either digitally or on paper.
- “Position” means the position granted by the Institute for the Student to participate in the Course starting on the selected Course start date as selected on the Booking form.
- “Fees“ means the total cost of the Course as specified on the Course’s information page on our website, including any non-refundable Deposit.
- “Deposit” means the minimum non-refundable administration fee required to secure a Position in the Course.
- The Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that the Fees are for a Position for the Student to undertake the Course on the date as specified on the Booking. The Fees being payment for that Position are payable in full whether the Student attends or completes the Course or not. Upon receipt of the Booking by the Institute, the Customer agrees to be contractually bound to pay in full, the full Course Fees in accordance with this agreement.
- When a Student pays the full Fees or a Deposit towards the Course Fees, this constitutes a confirmed Booking in the Course regardless of submission of a Booking form.
- Where a Deposit is paid towards a Course with the Institute, the Balance of the Fees is due no later than 10 business prior to the Course start date. The Deposit will not be refunded in any circumstance except if the Institute cancels the Course.
- Where outstanding fees are not rendered, the debt may be referred to a debt collection agency; and the Student will be liable for all costs (legal or otherwise) in association with the recovery of all monies payable including all charges and fees. Such demand may be delivered by post to the last known address of the Student.
- Failure to make the requisite payment will result in the Student’s participation in the Course to be withheld until payment is made.
- The Institute reserves the right to refuse or cancel any Course Booking at the Institute’s sole discretion.
- The Institute is an adult-orientated learning environment, however with a Parent or Legal guardian’s permission, the Institute may accept students aged 14 years and above into a Course.
- Student’s under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the Parental Consent Form (available here: https://articci.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Parental-Consent-Form.pdf for the Student to complete the course and agreeing to the Conditions of Enrolment.
- It is the Student’s responsibility to note the date, time and location of their Course as the Institute will only contact a student should there be a change to the initial information provided.
- Courses do not run on Public Holidays unless otherwise stated.
- It is the Student’s responsibility to be available for all scheduled Classes and make-up or repeat Classes are not available for missed Classes.
- The Institute reserves the right to revise or alter the Course contents and/or the delivery sequence at its sole discretion.
- The Institute reserves the right to alter the scheduled time and venue of the classes if it deems appropriate.
- The Institute reserves the right to change any products that are stated as being included in or provided as part of the Course if it deems necessary.
CANCELLATION OR RESCHEDULING BY THE INSTITUTE:
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the Course due to an insufficient number of enrolments or for other unforeseen circumstances. In these situations, the Institute will notify the Students as soon as practical.
- A full refund for the Fees paid will be made if the Course is cancelled by the Institute for any reason.
- In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of the Course by the Institute, Articci will not be held liable for travel, accommodation, loss of wages or any other expenses or losses incurred.
- In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of the Course by the Institute the Student will be contacted using the contact details provided at the time of Booking and will be offered their choice of transferring to a future Course date, an alternative Course or receiving a full refund of the Fees paid towards the Course.
- In the case of accepting a transfer to a different date for the Course or an alternative Course, the acceptance of the transfer will constitute a confirmed Booking into the selected Course and the policies contained within the agreement shall apply to the new Booking for the Course.
CANCELLATION OR TRANSFER REQUESTS BY THE STUDENT:
- Please choose carefully. The Fees will not be refunded if you change your mind or your circumstances change at any time less than 10 business days prior to the scheduled Course start date. The Institute cannot accept responsibilities for changes in the Customer’s personal circumstances or commitments.
- If a Deposit applies to the Course, this deposit is not refundable. Any Fees paid above the Deposit will be refunded to the Student if cancellation notification is received in writing 10 business days or more prior to the Course start date.
- The Fees will not be refunded in any circumstance except where the Course is cancelled or rescheduled by the College as stated above.
- Cancellations received in writing (email acceptable) no later than 10 business days prior to the scheduled Course start date will receive a refund of any Fees paid less the non-refundable Deposit.
- No refund is available where cancellation is made less than 10 business days prior to the scheduled Course start date and any outstanding Fees will be immediately due and payable.
- If the Student is unable to attend the Course and did not apply in writing at least 10 business days prior to the Course start date, the Student will still be liable for payment of the balance of the Fees for the Position in the Course.
- The Institute at its sole discretion, may offer to a Student who is unable to attend the Course, the ability to participate in a future Course if positions are available, however the Fees paid are for the Position in the Course of the original Booking and no refund will be given if the Student is unable to participate in the offered Course, or if the Institute is unable to offer a future Course.
- One Course transfer will be granted without charge to Student’s who apply in writing to the Institute at least 10 business days prior to the Course start date as indicated on their original Booking.
- The Fees for the Course must be paid in full prior to a transfer being approved by the Institute and no refunds will be granted if the Student does not attend the selected alternative Course. Approved Course transfers received 10 business days or more prior to the scheduled Course start date as selected in the Booking, will constitute a confirmed Booking into the alternative Course. The policies contained within this agreement will apply to the new Booking. Any subsequent requests for transfers received at least 10 business days prior to the Course start date will attract an administration charge of $50 (incl. GST).
- The person submitting the Booking form acknowledges and declares that all information contained in the Booking form and all other documents given to the Institute pertaining to the Student is true and correct and are provided with the approval of the Student and the Student’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- All information provided to the Institute pertaining to the Student, their agent and their Parent or Guardian may be given to a third party for the purpose of Debt Collection. This information may also be shared with a Credit Reporting Agency for the purpose of creating or maintaining an information file on the Student.
- The primary purpose in collecting the Student’s information is to fulfil our business commitments to you in providing our services. The Institute may use the information you provide to help improve the services we deliver to you, measure interest in our services, inform you of other products and services or to comply with requirements under the law. The Institute shall not otherwise disclose your personal information to any other party without your consent and we do not sell personal information to any third parties.
CONFIDENTIALITY IP RIGHTS & PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE:
- The Student agrees to keep confidential all Course materials supplied by the Institute. Copyright and all other intellectual property rights in all Course materials belong to the Institute. Explicit permission is required to share, copy, distribute or otherwise publish any Course materials and must be sought in writing before use.
- The Student and the Parent or Guardian (if applicable) give full permission for the Institute to use photographs, video or audio recordings and/or examples of the Student’s work “Recordings” for any use associated with the Institute, including for promotional purposes (e.g. use in advertising, use on the Institute’s website and social media platforms, printing on flyers and other marketing materials).
- The Student understands and agrees that these Recordings will become the property of the Institute and authorises the Institute to edit, alter, copy, exhibit or distribute any of these Recordings for the purposes of publicising the Institute’s services or for any other lawful purposes. In addition, the Student waives the right to inspect or approve the Recordings or finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein the Student’s likeness appears.
- The Student acknowledges that the above permission is given on a voluntary basis and no payment can be claimed for the Institute’s use of any such Recordings.
- The Student acknowledges that they are not entitled to any remuneration, royalties or any other payment from the Institute in respect of the use of any Recordings.
- If the Student does not want the Institute to display or publish their name or any Recordings of the Student or their work, then the Student should notify the Institute in writing in advance. Written notification shall apply from the date that is received by the Institute and any Recordings taken prior to this date may still be used by the Institute and any previously published Recordings may continue to be displayed or used by the Institute.
- Any printing or photocopying that the Student wishes to do at the Institute must be paid for. Printing prices are displayed above the printer.
- Some Courses have equipment requirements or additional materials costs. The Student acknowledges that they are aware of any additional costs or requirements for their Course and have contacted us for further information if they required further information.
- The Institute offers products for sale and Students have the option to purchase any products they would like from the Institute. Students are not required to purchase products from the Institute.
ACCEPTABLE USE AND CODE OF CONDUCT:
- The Student agrees to conduct themselves in a professional and responsible manner at all times whilst on the Institute’s premises or during participation in the Course (at any location).
- The consumption of drugs or smoking of any kind is prohibited on the Institute’s premises.
- No Students under the age of 18 are permitted to consume Alcohol at any time whilst participating in the Course. The Institute will not serve alcohol to Students under the age of 18 and Students under the age of 18 must agree to not to serve themselves or otherwise consume any alcohol whilst participating in the Course.
- The Institute reserves the right to terminate the Student’s participation at any time for non-payment of Fees, failure to comply with the Institutes rules and regulations, or for conduct deemed unsatisfactory.
- The Student agrees to exercise reasonable care when using or handling the Institutes equipment and accessories. In the event the Institute property or equipment is damaged or stolen as a direct result of the Students failure to exercise proper and reasonable care, the Student agrees to pay all costs associated with the repair or replacement of that property within twenty-eight (28) days of the damage occurring.
- The internet is provided for the sole purpose of research and completion of Class activities. Personal use such as downloading or streaming of music and videos are not permitted unless permission is granted by a staff member of the Institute.
- The Student is responsible for their own equipment and personal items and hereby releases the Institute for all liability and claims for loss or damage to such items, howsoever caused.
LIABILITY & EMERGENCIES:
- The Customer requests the services at his or her own risk. The Institute will not be held liable for any losses or damages caused as a result of products or services purchased from Articci. The Institute does not guarantee any results or outcomes.
- The Student acknowledges that while adequate and appropriate supervision of the Course activities will be provided, unanticipated situations or problems can arise that are not reasonably within the control of the supervising staff.
- The Student agrees to release the Institute and it’s employees or contractors from any and all liability, claims, suits, demands, judgments, costs, interest and expense (including legal fees and costs) arising from transportation to or from and participation in any Course activities, field trips or excursions, including any accident or injury to the Student and the costs of medical services.
- Articci makes no guarantee or warranties, either express or implied, outside of that required by Australian Consumer Law.
- In the event of any injury or illness requiring medical attention, the Student and the Parent or Guardian grant permission to the Institute’s staff to attend to the Student and to deliver first aid in the event that such aid is deemed reasonably necessary by the Institute. If the injury or illness warrants further medical attention, every effort will be made to contact any Emergency Contacts provided for the Student to receive their specific authorisation before action is taken if time allows.
- The Student and Parent or Guardian agree that in the case of an accident or illness where the Student requires medical treatment, the Institute’s staff will call an ambulance and the Student will be responsible for any ambulance fees or medical costs involved.
- In addition, the Student and the Parent or Guardian grants permission to the Institute’s staff to take the Student to a physician, dentist or to the hospital if an accident or illness occurs during the Course or whilst on an excursion and the Emergency Contact cannot be reached within a reasonable time frame.