WHAT YOU WILL LEARN::-
- How to choose the best materials and handle them properly
- Learn how to use acrylic or water soluble oils to achieve fantastic results
- Learn how to shade correctly
- Learn how to mix luminous colours
- Learn tips on photography and composition
- Understand flower forms and shapes
- Learn how to add foliage and strong backgrounds
- You will learn how to assess value – colour is very important but value does all the work. It’s the true difference between a painting that sings and one that’s flat.
- Learn how to blend your paints wellBlending well is essential to creating gorgeous realistic paintings and something that a lot of artists struggle with. Learn the tips to blend your paints beautifully.
- Learn how to use glazing for a dynamic paintingCreate dynamic and luminous effects by glazing – we will show you how and when to glaze on your painting
- Learn how to paint complicated flower centresI will show you some secret tricks to painting complicated flower centres, stamens and more so you aren’t scared of painting those little details and you can make your painting pop!
- Drinks on arrival and completion
- Large deep edged canvas provided for your painting – choice between square (30″ x 30″/76.2cm x 76.2cm) or rectangular (24″ x 36″/60.9cm x 91.4cm) portrait or landscape.
- Use of all art materials provided – brushes, paints, mediums, easels etc.
- Instructional notes provided
- Lots of high quality photo references to choose from (over 80!)
- If you don’t finish your painting within the workshop, you may attend our regular classes for free until your painting is completed.
* Please note that we no longer provide lunch in the course and the price has been adjusted down accordingly.
4 Day Workshop, Thursday runs from 10am – 4pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday run from 9.30am – 4.30pm. The class begins on Thursday with choosing your reference image, practicing some basic techniques and starting on your composition. Over the weekend you will paint your masterpiece and share in a catered lunch with the class. On Sunday afternoon we will finish up with champagne drinks and nibbles while we admire the work of the class and discuss further steps from here.
“I have learnt the ability to create a stunning piece of art…”
I have always enjoyed being creative and trying new things, so I jumped at the chance to try the Close Focus Flowers oil painting workshop to gain a new creative skill. I thoroughly enjoyed learning the step by step process of how to paint beautiful flowers with oils. I was astonished on how simple it actually is. I found Tracy to be very supportive and encouraging throughout the workshop and I am looking forward to further workshops with her in future to further my skills. I learnt I have the ability to create a stunning piece of art for myself, friends, or even for selling!
“I saw Tracy transform the class from a majority of first time painters, to a class of artists”
I needed to challenge myself by attempting something out of much comfort zone. The course had a great atmosphere, and even when the pressure was on Tracy made me feel relaxed and able to achieve what I set out to do. I saw Tracy transform the class from a majority of first time painters, to a class of artists, producing magnificent pieces of art. It was brilliant to see what she could do in three days, with the class. The impossible was possible and I painted the large Dahlia in oils. A medium I have never used and believed I could not work with. Tracy convinced and encouraged me and I am now on my third huge oil painting and loving every moment I get to paint.
“name”: “Close Focus Flowers Painting Workshop”,