ALCOHOL INKS ARE HAVING A MOMENT!
Alcohol inks are highly pigmented inks that are fast drying and very fluid. Being alcohol based they can be applied on a variety of non-porous surfaces and have a glow unlike other flow paints. The abstract fluid art that you can create with alcohol inks is fun and easy as well as being absolutely stunning.
Try out this fabulous medium and learn how you can create gorgeous fluid abstract paintings by combining Alcohol Inks with fluid acrylics, acrylic inks and other mediums for some different effects.
Be guided step by step through what you can do with alcohol inks on yupo paper (a special type of synthetic and recyclable, waterproof paper perfect for alcohol inks) to create your very own abstract artworks that will look stunning framed on your wall. These artworks also make gorgeous gifts as well!
If you have used alcohol inks before and would like to learn some new techniques this course will allow you to develop your skills further by incorporating some mixed media effects into your work. Never painted or used alcohol inks before? Not a problem, this class is still suitable for you!
Whether you are just looking for a fun and relaxing activity with friends, to find a new hobby, create some art for your home or you want to learn this medium for your own art practice, this work shop will be enjoyable and will give you the skills you need to create stunning alcohol ink artworks!
What you will Learn:
- Learn how to select a colour scheme that works
- Learn how to lay down layers to achieve depth with blends of transparent and opaque paint
- Practice flow techniques and discover different effects that can be created
- Turn a failed piece into a work of art
- Mediums that can be used with alcohol inks
- How to incorporate other mixed media
- What supplies you need to create more alcohol ink and mixed media artworks from home
- Setup and Safety
What you will Create:
- 3 completed alcohol ink artworks on A3 Yupo Paper
What is Included:
All materials are included:
- Use of Alcohol Inks, Acrylic Inks, Fluid Acrylics and Mediums
- A3 Yupo Paper
- Use of Aprons, cleaning materials etc.
- Tea & Coffee
BYO Drinks and nibbles to make it a fun sip and paint celebration with friends!
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST:
Next course date doesn't work for you?
Register your interest to be notified of future course dates. You will be added to our mailing list and will receive emails about future dates.