Textile & Surface Design Art Retreat
Create Your Textile Design Collection
Create a cohesive collection for fabric, home decor and home wares prints!
Come to the Gold Coast for this 5 day art retreat where you will learn how to create a cohesive collection of textile design prints that can be printed onto a variety of fabrics and products.
Over the 5 days you will design your own range of stunning prints using a variety of mediums, such as watercolour, inks, acrylics, gouache and coloured pencils.
Receive advice and guidance from a designer with years of experience on how to create your vision. With critique and advice on your designs, product ideas, marketing strategy, website and more.
Come away from this retreat feeling inspired and excited with the possibility of starting your own surface design brand.
Over 5 days you will design a collection of surface design prints whilst learning the essentials you need in order to develop your brand:
- Determine what you want to create and your niche target market for your brand
- How to plan out your collection – designs and products
- Information about fabrics and printing methods
- Gain inspiration and develop a theme for your print collection
- Learn a variety of art techniques to achieve your desired style
- Learn how to put your design into repeat manually to create continuous designs suitable for fabrics, wallpapers etc.
- Learn tips on the communication needed in order to have your designs repeated digitally and prepared for printing
- Receive contacts for printers and manufacturers you can use to have your designs printed onto fabric or other products
- Identify the best way to market your brand and sell your products
- Creating your plan of action for the next 3 months to continue your brand development
Art Techniques You Will Learn:
- Creating floral botanical watercolour prints
- Creating abstract prints
- Creating motif based prints
- How to generate design ideas and colour compositions
- Using mixed mediums to create stunning prints – including watercolour, gouache, inks, acrylic paints, airbrush acrylics, marker pens and watercolour pencils.
- How to come up with great compositions
- How to use iPad apps (or computer apps) to manipulate your designs, create variations and reference images.
Included in the Retreat:
- Use of all art materials provided
- Morning Tea and Lunch provided each day
- Select up to 2 of your artworks to be turned into repeating fabric prints – digitally edited by our in house designer and printed on 6 meters of fabrics (i.e. 3 meters for each design)
- Select up to 6 placement prints to be printed as cushion covers (45cm square – 6 faces printed on 1m of fabric which can be sewn up into either 3 or 6 cushions)
- 2 follow up skype one-on-one mentoring sessions with Tracy and Sonya Saywell within the next 12 months to help guide you.
- Receive the “How to Grow Your Art Biz Planner” digital PDF copy and print version of the next quarter, to be used during the retreat to plan out your next steps.
* Retreat does not include accommodation. There are many local accommodation options including AirBnB’s and we can assist you with selecting suitable accommodation if required.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST:
Next course date doesn’t work for you?
Register your interest to be notified of future course dates. You will be added to our mailing list and will receive emails about future dates.