Watercolour Floral & Botanical Workshop
Learn the techniques to create beautiful watercolour botanical watercolour artworks!
Flowers are always a joy to paint and this inspirational practical class will demonstrate how to paint vibrant flowers with watercolour. Spend a full day with Tracy, to cover the most important tricks, tips and secrets of this beautiful medium.
You will work on a botanical style piece, learning how to move watercolour pigments in water as well as a more loose style of floral painting. Using the very best brushes and papers (300-600gsm) to learn the secrets of what these weights of watercolour papers can do to bring the magic out in your botanical artworks.
You can choose a number of topics to explore and you will play with wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry watercolour techniques as well as experimenting with other mediums to enhance your watercolour artwork. Whether you prefer more traditional botanical artworks or a looser more expressive or abstract style, Tracy will show you how you can achieve the look you desire.
You will gain loads of inspiration for your artworks, including ways you can take your artwork from paper to products! Tracy will explain how you can go about getting your watercolour illustrations turned into fabrics and more!
You Will Learn
- How to choose and use the best brushes for different techniques
- Colour mixing and pigment transparency
- Understanding and selecting the best watercolour paper
- How to drop pigments into wet to create different effects
- How to get accurate drawings and add shadows
- Creating a beautiful composition
- Taking and selecting the best reference images to work from
- How you can get your botanical watercolour artworks turned into fabric designs
- Creating traditional botanical styles, through to loose more abstract watercolour florals
You will be provided with the use of all art materials! No need to bring anything! Of course, you are welcome to bring along any of your favourite products if you wish.
You will be provided with:
- Quality Watercolour Papers (300-600gsm)
- Use of watercolour paints, brushes etc.
- Use of other art materials & mediums, such as marker pens, pencils etc.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST:
Next course date doesn’t work for you?
Register your interest to be notified of future course dates. You will be added to our mailing list and will receive emails about future dates.