Mont Marte Clear Texture Gesso is suitable for preparing your substrates with a transparent finish. Clear gesso can be used to prime surfaces for painting, drawing and mixed media. It creates the perfect texture for acrylic and oil paints, as well as dry media such as pastels and pencils.
You can use this versatile medium with acrylic, oil, pastels, and other paint media. It is lightweight, non-yellowing, and dries to a water resistant finish. This clear gesso is intermixable with acrylic paints and mediums, allowing you to create a tinted gesso by mixing it with a colour of your choice.
- Prepare surfaces for a range of art projects
- Ideal for use with painting mediums such as acrylic, oil and enamel
- Ideal for use with dry media such as pastels, graphite, charcoal and colour pencils
- Mix with coloured acrylic paints to create a tinted gesso.
- Suitable for most porous surfaces including canvas, paper, cardboard, painting boards, wood, air dry clay and plaster
- Can be used in an airbrush: mix it with acrylic thinner until it is the consistency of milk
- Great for applying washes and other painting effects to drawings: This clear gesso will seal your drawing so that you can paint over it without losing your marks
- Drying time: 1-2 hours
- Non-yellowing and dries clear
- Dries to a water resistant finish
Directions: Use a wide brush to apply gesso evenly to canvas, paper, card, wood and other porous surfaces. Once dry, the texture provides perfect adhesion for paints and dry media. Clean up with warm soapy water while wet.
Drying time: 30-60 minutes (may vary)