This set of Derwent Inktense Blocks contains 36 gorgeous colours in a chucky block, making it easy to cover large areas really quickly. These water soluble ink blocks give watercolour like effects with vibrant ink colours and are permanent once dry.
These water activated ink sticks give you the flexibility of either drawing or painting with them for a variety of effects. The blocks have the added benefit of being able to be used in multiple ways –
- Run a wet paintbrush along the block (like you would a pan watercolour) to pick up colour and paint with a brush
- Dip one end of the block into water for a juicy vibrant effect
- Use the corners of the blocks for finer marks
- Shade with the block flat on the paper to cover large areas.
These water-soluble blocks combine the versatility of Inktense pencils and the freedom of blocks, opening up an exciting world of endless possibilities. Use them dry or add water to transform into an ink wash. Once dry the colour is permanent and you can work over the top of it. Also ideal for using on silk and cotton!
This set of 36 Inktense Blocks contains the following colours: Sherbet Lemon, Sun Yellow, Sienna Gold, Tangerine, Poppy Red, Chilli Red, Cherry, Shiraz, Red Violet, Fuchsia, Mauve, Violet, Peacock Blue, Iron Blue, Iris Blue, Bright Blue, Deep Indigo, Sea Blue, Turquoise, Teal Green, Iron Green, Ionian Green, Field Green, Felt Green, Apple Green, Leaf Green, Mustard, Tan, Saddle Brown, Baked Earth, Willow, Bark, Indian Ink, Charcoal Grey, Ink Black and Antique White.
- Ink in a stick!
- Water Soluble
- Permanent once dry
- Easy to blend colours, can be mixed and layered to create an infinite range of hues and tints.
- Firm consistent texture produces minimal dusting.
- Square shape is ideal for both fine and detail and broad, expressive strokes.
- So versatile they can be used wet or dry, or mixed with other media.