Jo Sonja’s Polyurethane Water Based Gloss Varnish is a durable formulation for indoor and outdoor use.
Jo Sonja’s Polyurethane Varnishes dry clear and are non-yellowing. It is water based and can be cleaned up with water. Apply with a broad flat brush or a sponge roller. Do not use over oil-based paints or oil-based antiquing finishes. Do not add water. For use on hard surfaces such as wood and board. Not suitable for use on paper, canvas or other flexible surfaces.
- Use varnish at full strength, if thinning is necessary, add drops of Flow Medium or Retarder. Do not over dilute.
- Apply thin layers in a criss-cross motion using a soft but firm brush suitable to surface size.
- Smooth coat by brushing final strokes in the direction of the wood grain.
- Allow to air dry a minumum of an hour before applying additional coats. Drying time depends on climate and humidity.
- Apply 3 coats before sanding. Sand lightly if 24 hours lapse between coats to ensure adhesion.
- For alcohol resistant finish, apply a minimum of 4 coats to varnish. Allow varnished item to cure 2 weeks before use.
- Not recommended for use over any oil based products.
- A hair dryer may be used to speed surface drying. Avoid excessive heat which could cause crazing.
- Clean up with mild soap and cool water.
- Approximate coverage 1ml = 251cm2