Low toxicity medium to aid fluidity of oil colours. Initially small additions will aid the flow qualities of existing oil colours. As more medium is added to the oil paint, the transparency will be increased.
In accordance with all Langridge Painting Mediums, Low Toxic Paint Medium is formulated with a proportion of oil to solvent that can be used without restriction in glazes and washes without risking unbinding the pigment from the oil.
After 15-25 minutes under normal conditions of applying Langridge Low Toxic Paint Medium the surface will set-up to a tack that grabs any succeeding brush strokes. The wet, but tacky, paint surface can be readily painted into, even quite aggressively, without moving or disturbing the areas of fresh paint underneath. This allows for a wet-in-wet technique with very controlled manipulation of paint including soft blending.
- For artists concerned about exposure to harmful solvents.
- Low-toxicity solvent (odourless) based flow medium.
- Fat medium (do not use for underpainting or on top of straight oil paint colours with no added medium)
- Non-yellowing medium to add to oil paints to improve paint handling and promote the brushing out of colours.
- Has been constructed as an alternative to traditional turpentine based painting mediums for artists concerned about exposure to harmful solvents.
- Pale colours stay bright and deep tones are enriched with this Stand Oil based medium.
- May be added to oil colours in quantities at the discretion of the artist.
- Dries to a gloss finish.
- Drying time: 48-72 hours to touch dry.
Constituents:Stand Oil (40 Poise), Low Toxic Solvent, Alkali Refined Linseed Oil, Cobalt Drier.
Stand Oil used in Low Toxic Paint Medium has pronounced levelling qualities. If more than 50% is added, the resulting paint film will exhibit an enamel finish with little or no physically raised brush marks.
Due to this item being hazardous, checkout shipping calculations may be inaccurate. We may need to contact you to arrange additional payment for any excess shipping charges.