Oleogel is a clear soft oil medium for extending oil colours.
It is very versatile – when applied vigorously it will become fluid allowing easy brushing and as soon as it stops being moved around it immediately ‘sets up’ and does not drip or lose its position. Small additions of Oleogel will enhance brush strokes and aid the handling qualities of existing oil colours. The more medium that is added to the oil paint, the more transparent your oil colours will become due to the further suspension of the pigment throughout the medium.
It is recommended to apply only in thin paint films to prevent surface wrinkling. If you are wanting to apply thick impasto paint we recommend using the Langridge Impasto Medium instead.
Langridge Oleogel is a clear gel with a characteristic Safflower Oil odour. Very fresh medium may exhibit a bluish-grey cast. The colour of the medium will not effect the oil colours with which it is mixed.
- A solvent free, soft gel medium for extending oil colours.
- Aids fluidity and paint handling.
- Holds brush marks.
- Non-yellowing Refined Safflower Oil base.
- Fat medium with high oil content – do not use for underpainting or under oil paints without additional ‘fatter’ mediums applied on top.
- Not recommended in larger percentages with white colours.
- 24-48 hours to touch dry. Any airflow over the surface will evaporate the solvent more rapidly which will reduce drying times. Full film drying 3-6 months.
- Dries to a gloss finish.
- Thin with solvent such as Solvent 75
- May be added to oil colours at quantities at the discretion of the artist.
Constituents: Refined Safflower Oil, Fumed Silica, Castor Wax, Cobalt Drier, Calcium Drier.