Make Your Own Acrylic Paints with this ready to use Acrylic Binder and your favourite pigments!
This ready-to-use acrylic binder is ideal for producing your own acrylic colours in small batches. Just add dry pigment to the binder and mix with a palette knife, using a simple mixing ratio of 1:2.
The acrylic binder is lightfast, non-yellowing, and can be thinned using water. Blend your pigments with retarder prior to adding the binder in order to slow down the drying process. This binder contains pure acrylic dispersion and a wetting agent.
You no longer need to produce large quantities of colours – now it’s simple to make new and fresh colours as you need them!
Schmincke’s Acrylic Binder is ready to use for easy grinding of satin-matt acrylic colours in combination with artists’ pigments.
Dilutable with water, but forms rather quickly a water-resistant film; non-yellowing; age-resistant. Shake before use.
- Shake well before use.
- Acrylic binder “ready-to-use” is ready to use, but can be diluted with water if necessary.
- Grind a teaspoonful of pigment and a small amount of product with a paint knife on a grinding plate made of glass or a flat glazed tile to a smooth paste.
- The mixing ratio of binder to pigment very much depends on the type of pigment. Start off with approx. 2 part binder to 1 part pigment (by weight). Depending on the pigment, more binder or more pigment is added to achieve the required consistency. The right proportions have been reached if dried streaks of paint have a smooth surface and do not come off when rubbed with the dry heel of the hand.
- The product is water-mixable, but dries up water-insoluble.
- Please clean tools as soon as possible with water or water and soap. Just dried acrylic colours can be removed with brush cleaner 50051 / 50052.
- Please don´t use the product below temperatures under 10 °C object- and room-temperatures.
- Close immediately after use.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Protect from frost.
- Individual pre-tests are required.