Greek Islands Painting Tour
Join us in Greece for a painting holiday with Tracy. We will visit 4 gorgeous locations together through the Dodecanese Islands starting in Rhodes and ending in Athens.
Over 10 days (12 nights), Tracy will be covering a diverse number of styles of painting using acrylics, pastels and watercolour. You will learn to paint water and coastal scenery in an impressionistic style and we will also work on some semi abstracts and deconstructed florals.
We will be painting on real A3 canvas pads size and 2 x A2 canvas boards (provided) and will be painting most days with either morning or afternoon painting sessions depending on the locations and conditions.
The tour is organised by French Fusion Travel, an Australian tour company having organised painting and art tours with over 20 years of experience.
- Rhodes: 3 Nights
- Kastellorizo: 4 Nights
- Symi: 3 Nights
- Athens: 2 Nights
The tour begins in our hotel on the island of Rhodes where we will meet the group at 6pm in the foyer to head to dinner together on the 15th Sept. We will spend 3 nights and 2 whole days exploring Rhodes, the port and the fortress and the myriad of lovely spots around our hotel and painting.
We will then catch a ferry over to the tiny heavenly island of Kastellorizo to spend 4 days painting together. Kastellorizo is a small fishing village and you can see Turkey from the port. There are lovely restaurants clustered around the port and everything is a short walk away. The food is of the highest quality and the freshest you will find in the Mediterranean.
There are plenty of leisure activities to amuse you when not in the workshops and you will have the biggest swimming pool in the world: the Mediterranean to swim in!
We will then catch a ferry directly across to Symi for 3 nights. Your accommodation will be in guesthouses along the seafront.
On day 11, we will catch an early ferry to Rhodes and fly out in the afternoon to Athens where we will spend our final 2 nights in our lovely hotel in the Plaka district with stunning views over the Parthenon.
On day 12 you will have your final painting workshop, painting in Athens in the historic Plaka district, followed by a farewell dinner together looking out over the Parthenon.
Our tour finishes on the 27th September, after breakfast. You may choose to stay on and explore more of Athens. Please speak to us about this when you have made your booking for the tour.
The following is included within the price of the tour:
- 2 dinners (welcome and farewell)
- All accommodation of 3 and 4 star quality with your own private bathroom (12 nights)
- All transport on tour including flight from Rhodes to Athens, ferries and taxis.
- Tour manager
- Daily painting workshops with Tracy Saywell
- Art Kit: you will be provided with an art kit including essential items for the trip (A3 canvas pad, 2 x A2 canvas boards, brushes, apron, watercolour paints, acrylic paints (9 colours) and pastels.) Kits will be sent to you prior to departure.
- Bonus 2 day workshop with Tracy when we return home.
What to Bring:
- Casual clothes
- Good walking shoes
- Art Kit (which will be sent to you prior to the tour)
- Any additional art materials you wish to bring to use
- Power adapters
- Clothes, toiletries and usual travel items.
- Airfares to and from Greece.
- Any accommodation prior to the tour starting on the 15th Sept or after the tour concludes on the morning of 27th Sept. We recommend arriving 1-2 days prior to the tour.
- Meals (except for welcome and farewell dinners).
- Any additional activities you elect to do outside of organised activities.
- Price for a twin share room: 3,200 Euros per person (approx $4950 AUD)
- Price for a single room: 4,350 Euros per person (approx $6650 AUD)
A deposit of $1,000AUD is required to secure your place and must be paid to French Fusion Travel. The balance is due 120 days before travel (18th May 23).
How to Book:
Bookings are made via French Fusion Travel here.
- Step 1: Confirm there is available space on the tour
- Step 2: Complete the booking form here: https://frenchfusion.com.au/how-to-book/
- Step 3: Make payment of the deposit $1000AUD to Fusion Travel.
(Please do not use the booking form on this page).