Water Lily Painting Workshop
This fun 2 day workshop with Tracy Saywell will teach you how to paint glorious waterlily paintings in acrylic paint or water soluble oils in both an impressionistic and realistic style. Create two fantastic artworks that you can take home.
Learn how to paint a Monet inspired impressionistic style of painting using brushes, palette knives and other tools with quick simple techniques to lay down the fresh gorgeous colours. Exerience the freedom of painting in an expressive style, learning some of Monet's techniques. Then learn how to paint a more realistic close up water lily painting.
The workshop begins with choosing your style and the composition for your canvas work. Over the weekend you will paint your masterpiece and conclude on Sunday afternoon with drinks as we admire the classes new artworks.
Unlock Your Creativity! It doesn’t matter where you are on your creative journey – whether you’re a seasoned artist or a beginner, this workshop will help you to create stunning paintings you will be proud to hang in your own home or even sell.
Enjoy the company of other artists and find new friends who share your interests in a truly fun filled weekend.
If needed, we can help arrange to post your completed artwork home to you.
What You Will Learn:
- How to handle your brush and also a palette knife to create a truly expressive artwork
- How to mix acrylic paints and mediums
- Mark marking techniques
- Composition tips and tricks to make your art stand out
- How to vary the edges from soft to sharp and understand shading
- How to use light, shadows and reflections to make your paintings look more realistic
- Learn tips on photography and composition to create your own reference images
- How to glaze your finished painting
- You will learn how to assess value – colour is very important but value does all the work. It’s the true difference between a painting that sings and one that’s flat.
- Use of all art materials provided – brushes, paints, mediums, easels, aprons etc.
- Lots of photo references to choose from
- Instructional notes provided
What To Bring:
2x Deep Edged Canvas 50.8cm x 60.9cm (20″ x 24″) or 76.2cm square (30″ x 30″) – available for purchase at the class.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST:
Next course date doesn't work for you?
Register your interest to be notified of future course dates. You will be added to our mailing list and will receive emails about future dates.