Loose & Luscious Landscapes
During this 2 day workshop, you will learn how to use impasto medium and palette knife techniques to create a modern impasto landscape in oils.
Whether you just want to get 'Loose and Luscious' with your painting or you want to learn how to create texture and depth in a landscape, this class is for you.
If you have never used oils before, there is no need to worry, we will teach you everything you need to know including how to clean up quickly, safely and easily without turps (and without the nasty odours).
Using a photo reference, you will learn to interpret the landscape with beautiful colours and layered texture.
- What to look for in a reference photo
- Learn how to start with a contrast under painting in acrylics
- Learn how to mix the correct amount of impasto medium with your oil paints and apply with palette knife
- How to mix your paints and the impasto medium
- Use oil sticks to lay down the composition and get free
- Loosen up your composition and create a more impressionistic style
- How to create different effects with your palette knife and/or brush
You will receive detailed instructional notes.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST:
Next course date doesn't work for you?
Register your interest to be notified of future course dates. You will be added to our mailing list and will receive emails about future dates.