Textile Design Workshop
Learn how you can create your own textile designs from your paintings or drawings using Tracy’s fast track method.
Tracy will teach you her proven system for producing great artworks for printed surfaces allowing you to unleash your creativity and create fabric designs you never expected you could.
You will discover how you can find untapped inspiration for your designs and product ideas to open up the possibilities for you with what you can create from your print designs.
Learn how to manually test your repeat prints, so that even if you have no computer skills you can check and perfect your designs before passing on to a graphic artist to prepare the digital repeat for you.
This workshop will cover how and where to get your designs printed onto a range of fabrics and even products, with Tracy sharing her own valuable manufacturing contacts. You will be given important tips on how to deal with offshore manufacturers to ensure you get the desired results.
During this workshop you will design your own fabric print which will be digitally edited for you and sent to a textile printer for printing for you. After completion of the workshop, you will receive your finished printed fabric, sent straight to you!
What You Will Learn:
- Essential textiles knowledge so you know how to select the best fabrics for the desired outcome
- An overview of different fabric printing methods
- How to manually repeat your print designs
- How to get your designs printed onto fabrics and products
- Valuable art techniques to improve and enhance your artworks
- Basic botanical drawing techniques
- How to pick the right colours to bring your designs to life
- How to create different colour ways for your designs
- Manufacturing and supplier contacts
- Fabric printed with your own unique print design
- Use of all art materials provided – brushes, paints etc.
- Detailed instructional notes provided
- Use of fabulous reference materials
- Morning and afternoon tea each day
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST:
Next course date doesn't work for you?
Register your interest to be notified of future course dates. You will be added to our mailing list and will receive emails about future dates.