Deconstructed Florals & Abstracts Masterclass
This week long fast track master class on creating deconstructed freestyle florals and abstracts will teach you how to create loose impressionistic and abstracted style paintings and how to adapt many subjects to this style of painting.
Gain creative confidence in painting freestyle abstract florals developing your own style and colour palette.
JANUARY CLASS FULL
NEW DATE: 27th Feb - 3rd Mar
Tracy will share some of her secrets and tools for creativity and how to find an unlimited supply of inspiration. You will learn the importance of knowing how to create fabulous grounds as the launch pad to your next layers, how to add drama through creative compositions, sharp value contrasts and great colour schemes.
In this workshop Tracy will demonstrate how to use many different mediums so you can have a substantial bag of tricks up your sleeve to create amazing effects.
We will work on techniques with A3 Canvas paper (included), before starting your major work on canvas. Some students will be able to complete more than one painting during the workshop.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to find inspiration to create abstracts
- Apps you can use to assist in developing your ideas
- How to create great colour palettes and mix colours to harmonise
- How to use lots of different media to create different effects
- Learn about brushes and tools
- How to loosen up and build up layers
- Using transparency and opacity in your work
- Isolating layers and varnishing your work
- How to develop an effective composition
- Understanding values and shapes
- How to bring out highlights to create form
- How to critique your work
You will receive 2 detailed instructional booklets with many examples so you will be able to refer to and repeat the process. Colour story and colour mixing tips.
You will receive a kit of materials worth over $200 included with the course. You will be able to pick your own colours for the included paints. This kit contains the essential items you will need and Tracy will also assist with lending you some of her own supplies to try out different products that she demonstrates.
You will also receive 1 x square canvas (30″ x 30″/76.2cm x 76.2cm) or rectangular canvas (24″ x 36″/60.9cm x 91.4cm) included in your course. You may be able to achieve more than one painting and you can purchase additional canvases at your own desired sizes during the workshop.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Baby Wipes
- Paper Towel
- Any acrylic paints you own already
- Soft Pastels (dry) – if you have some already
- Water soluble crayons – if you have some already
- Oil Pastels – if you have some already
- Paint Palette
- Any brushes you already have
Do not go out to purchase anything, it is best to come to class and see the demos and try different products and then decide what items you may want.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST:
Next course date doesn't work for you?
Register your interest to be notified of future course dates. You will be added to our mailing list and will receive emails about future dates.