Learn how to paint a beautiful portrait in oils from a photograph in this 4 day workshop, even if you have never painted before.
You do not need to be able to draw in order to do this workshop. We will use projectors for drawing the image onto the canvas.
Using water mixable oils you will learn how to paint with oils, working with opacity and transparencies, veiling and glazing to create a realistic portrait painting. You will learn how to see colour values and the importance in creating a life like painting.
You can paint an image of your choice, perhaps a photo of a family member or friend– if you are bringing your own image please send it to us prior to the workshop so we can approve to make sure the image is of good enough quality for painting.
All materials are provided, including the canvas. You may attend additional classes at no extra cost in order to finish your portrait.
- Learn techniques for painting the eyes, skin and hair
- Understand which brushes to use and when
- How to paint in layers and use opacity and transparencies
- Picking a good reference images with the right lighting
- Techniques for painting clothing.