Impasto Palette Knife Painting Workshop
Learn how to paint vibrant bold textured paintings using impasto paints in this fun 2 day workshop with Tracy Saywell.
This workshop will help you to create a truly colourful modern floral artwork and will teach you how to handle the palette knife and use mediums to create different effects on the canvas. Experience the fun of applying brilliant coloured thick paints giving a three dimensional effect to your paintings.
Using beautiful flowers and props, learn how to create an expressive still life painting. Experiment with different techniques for using a palette knife to create different types of flowers.
Over the weekend you will paint a wild, vibrant and free expressionist style of painting on a large canvas. On Sunday afternoon we will conclude with drinks as we admire the classes new artworks.
Unlock Your Creativity! It doesn’t matter where you are on your creative journey – whether you’re a seasoned artist or a beginner, this workshop will help you to create stunning paintings you will be proud to hang in your own home or even sell.
Enjoy the company of other artists and find new friends who share your interests in a truly fun filled weekend.
If needed, we can help arrange to post your completed artwork home to you.
During the class you may complete 1 or more paintings depending on the styles chosen and your speed.
What You Will Learn:
- how to create an abstract background with acrylic paint
- techniques for using the palette knife
- what the best mediums are to create great texture
- how you can contrast the thick textures of impasto paints with free flow paints and inks
- colour mixing and application tips to keep colours pure and vibrant
- how to understand light and shading techniques
- composition tips and tricks to make your art stand out
- how to glaze and varnish your completed work
- Bonus: learn how to make your own ink dyes
- Use of all art materials provided – palette knives, paints, mediums, aprons etc.
- Practice canvas sheets
- Lots of image references for inspiration
- Instructional reference notes provided
What To Bring:
- Canvases - we recommend 2 x Deep Edged Canvas 50.8cm x 60.9cm (20″ x 24″) or 76.2cm square (30″ x 30″) – available for purchase at the class for $39.95 (or become an Articci Art Club member and get a 20% discount).
- Flat Palette (either Glass palette OR "Easy Clean Palette" (available to purchase at the class.)
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST:
Next course date doesn't work for you?
Register your interest to be notified of future course dates. You will be added to our mailing list and will receive emails about future dates.