THE ESSENTIAL WORKSHOP FOR MASTERING COLOUR
Colour is the language artists use to communicate. Mastering colour mixing and understanding the attributes of different paint colours is an essential skill for all artists. While most people know that blue and yellow make green, it is the subtleties and nuances of different tones and shades of colours that make your paintings stand out.
Spend a whole day to immerse yourself in how to mix beautiful colours and understand how to work with colour.
You will create your own colour journal for reference for future works and create large swatch cards that can help you find that ‘zing’ colour to lift your work. The colour knowledge you will gain and resources you will create during the workshop will help both experienced and new artists.
You will be given our ‘Artists Guide to Colour’ reference applicable for acrylics, oils and watercolours which will explain transparent and opaque colours, colour temperature and colour bias. Understanding colour will improve your paintings and create more depth in your work.
You Will Learn:
- Experiment with mixing and layering colours in ways you never have before.
- Learn how to mix colours you never thought possible and work from a limited palette.
- Learn how you can mix thousands of colours from just a few.
- Learn how to create beautiful shades for both realistic and abstract paintings.
- Understand tints, tones, shades and value.
- Understand transparent and opaque colours.
- Understand colour bias.
- Create your own colour reference guide for your paints along with large swatch cards.
- Use of paints and brushes (you can bring your own paints as well to make swatches of your own for future reference)
- Visual art journal and swatch cards provided
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST:
Next course date doesn't work for you?
Register your interest to be notified of future course dates. You will be added to our mailing list and will receive emails about future dates.