Close Focus Flowers Painting Workshop
This fun 4 day workshop with Tracy Saywell will show you how to paint flowers in close up detail using either water soluble oils or acrylics. Learn how to capture the breathtaking qualities of flowers from a close focus point of view even if you've never painted before!
The range of colours and the beauty of flowers in unmatched in the natural world and you can learn how to create luminous beautiful paintings capturing this beauty with Tracy's simple proven system that is suitable for beginners as well as more experienced artists.
Tracy will share with you, easy step by step techniques and tricks used by the masters for blending colour and manipulating light to create glowing realistic paintings. The skills you will learn in this workshop will enable you to paint almost any subject. If you have always wanted to get into painting or improve your painting skills, this 4 day workshop will give you the essential skills and painting confidence to be able to turn out beautiful paintings.
Enjoy the company of other artists and find new friends who share your interests in a truly fun filled art workshop.
All materials are provided for you, including a large deep edge canvas to create your masterpiece on! So you can come along and immerse yourself in the joy of painting with no worries or hassles of trying to put together your equipment.
Unlock your Creativity! It doesn't matter where you are on your creative journey - whether you are a seasoned artist or a complete beginner, this workshop will help you to create stunning paintings you will be proud to hang in your own home or even sell!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to choose the best materials and handle them properly
- Learn how to use acrylic or water soluble oils to achieve fantastic results
- Learn how to shade correctly
- Learn how to mix luminous colours
- Learn tips on photography and composition
- Understand flower forms and shapes
- Learn how to add foliage and strong backgrounds
- You will learn how to assess value – colour is very important but value does all the work. It’s the true difference between a painting that sings and one that’s flat.
- Drinks on arrival and completion
- Large deep edged canvas provided for your painting – choice between square (30″ x 30″/76.2cm x 76.2cm) or rectangular (24″ x 36″/60.9cm x 91.4cm) portrait or landscape.
- Use of all art materials provided – brushes, paints, mediums, easels etc.
- Instructional notes provided
- Lots of high quality photo references to choose from (over 80!)
- If you don't finish your painting within the workshop, you may attend our regular classes for free until your painting is completed.
* Please note that we no lover provide lunch in the course and the price has been adjusted down accordingly.
4 Day Workshop, Thursday runs from 10am - 4pm, Friday, Saturday and Sunday run from 9.30am – 4.30pm.
The class begins on Thursday with choosing your reference image, practicing some basic techniques and starting on your composition. Over the weekend you will paint your masterpiece and share in a catered lunch with the class. On Sunday afternoon we will finish up with champagne drinks and nibbles while we admire the work of the class and discuss further steps from here.
"I have learnt the ability to create a stunning piece of art..."
I have always enjoyed being creative and trying new things, so I jumped at the chance to try the Close Focus Flowers oil painting workshop to gain a new creative skill. I thoroughly enjoyed learning the step by step process of how to paint beautiful flowers with oils. I was astonished on how simple it actually is. I found Tracy to be very supportive and encouraging throughout the workshop and I am looking forward to further workshops with her in future to further my skills. I learnt I have the ability to create a stunning piece of art for myself, friends, or even for selling!
"I saw Tracy transform the class from a majority of first time painters, to a class of artists"
I needed to challenge myself by attempting something out of much comfort zone. The course had a great atmosphere, and even when the pressure was on Tracy made me feel relaxed and able to achieve what I set out to do. I saw Tracy transform the class from a majority of first time painters, to a class of artists, producing magnificent pieces of art. It was brilliant to see what she could do in three days, with the class. The impossible was possible and I painted the large Dahlia in oils. A medium I have never used and believed I could not work with. Tracy convinced and encouraged me and I am now on my third huge oil painting and loving every moment I get to paint.
- Thursday Evening