Holbein Duo Aqua Oils 40ml
Water Soluble Oils – Beautiful highly pigmented artist quality oils!
These are genuine oil paints that are able to be mixed with water! No need to use solvents!
The Holbein Duo Aqua Oils come in the most stunning range of colours, making it a favourite choice for not only the professional artists quality but also the vibrancy of the colours.
Because of their water-solubility, the Holbein Duo Aqua oils offer the opportunity for mixed media results, which would normally be unavailable using traditional oils. You can blend these oils with watercolours, gouache or acrylics (which will make it dry slightly faster) as well as with metallic or pearl colours to achieve effects that were not before possible with regular oils.
Use Duo Linseed Oil to increase gloss and, aid brushability, and enhance transparency while slowing the drying time of Duo Aqua Oil Colours.
- Clean up with just soap and water!
- No need to use solvents
- Blendable with watercolours, gouache, ink and acrylics!
- The same buttery texture and finishing quality of traditional oils
- Excellent resistant to light – most colours are light fast permanent (luminous colours are not)
- You may blend the duo aqua oils with up to 30% traditional oil colours or mediums without affecting its water solubility
- Dries faster than traditional oils and slower than acrylics, allowing you plenty of working time
- Do not varnish paintings using water soluable oils for 6-8 months.
- “Elite” labelled colours contain heavy metal pigments such as cadmiums and cobalts
- Professional artist quality, highly pigmented.
Please note: the “Luminous” colours should not be considered permanent as these will degrade with exposure to ultraviolet light.
Select Colours Below: